Financial Planning - Certified Financial Planner
MyFuture doesn’t have the powers of foresight (sorry!), but we do have the next best thing for ensuring peace of mind: robust financial planning.
With our 30 years of experience and hundreds of happy clients, we’ve figured out the best ways to combine your needs with your resources to help you manage your debt, drive towards financial independence, and ultimately have a healthier, happier future. With the right financial plan, our predictions are always the same: less time worrying, more time living.
Discover what the MyFuture financial planning team can do for you with a FREE Discovery Session.
What Is Financial Planning?
Financial planning is the process by which you take stock of your financial situation, figure out what you want from your current and future lifestyle, and then find a way to connect the two.
Sounds a bit dry, doesn’t it? A financial plan is about a lot more than just money.
In truth, a financial plan is about making sure you can live the life you want to. It’s about allowing you to:
- Retire when you want
- Enjoy the hobbies the way you want
- Treat your family the way you want
A financial plan is about knowing where your money is coming from and where it’s going, ensuring that it’s working for you – not the other way around – and that at every major life stage, you have the dollars and cents to make the most of it.
Financial planning is taking control of your money now so you can have the future that you want.
Why Financial Planning Is Important
Everybody is unique and has unique wants out of life, so everybody’s reasons for financial planning are different.
For those with less than $1,000 in their savings, their financial planning might be based around building up their wealth so that they are better prepared for that sudden emergency that would otherwise drain their reserves.
For those heading towards retirement in the next few years, financial planning might be all about taking stock of their assets and ensuring that they can live the retirement that they want – not the one that they’re forced into.
For those earning a solid income, their financial plan might be based around building up a portfolio of investments so they can make that money work for them.
New parents, the self-employed, professional athletes, even lottery winners – everybody has something to gain out of financial planning. After all, who wouldn’t be pleased with the peace of mind that financial independence – and a plan to reach it – can bring?
We offer financial planning for:
Get Ahead With Quality Financial Advice
What Does A Licensed Financial Planner Do?
While financial planning has clear benefits, it also isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do, especially by yourself. There are dozens, even hundreds of factors to consider, and the world of money and money management can be confusing even at the best of times.
That’s where a licensed financial planner comes in. The team at MyFuture takes the stress out of the dollars and helps the cents make sense – whether that’s meeting current money needs, or figuring out long-term goals and how to reach them.
Our team uses a structured financial process to guide you towards the right financial decisions, to maximise the potential for meeting the goals in life that matter the most to you. We make recommendations that fit your needs, ensuring that you get a bespoke plan that’s tailored to you.
We can help you with:
- Tax planning. While financial planners aren’t accountants, by truly understanding what your long term goals are and by having a deep understanding of your current situation, we can work with tax specialists to ensure you have the most efficient tax saving plan in place for your goals and situation.
- Budgeting. We’re experts in analysing where your money comes from and where it goes, allowing them to make suggestions on where to cut so your wealth can expand.
- Investments. We research a variety of investment options available to you and help make sure that your portfolio remains within the right level of risk for your current life stage and needs.
- Debt management. We can help you pay debt down faster so you can enjoy an interesting life – not a life with interest.
- Retirement planning. The ultimate long-term goal: retirement. We can help you work towards it and, once you’re there and enjoying your well-earned break, keep your wealth working for you to fund your lifestyle.
- Estate planning. Transferring money to the next generation isn’t as easy as it looks. By truly understanding your current situation and what your long term goals are, we can work with your solicitor and accountant to ensure you have an effective estate planning strategy that takes into account your current situation and long-term financial planning goals.
- Insurance and risk management. A big part of any financial plan is planning for if things go wrong. The MyFuture team can help you understand your biggest risks and what kinds of insurances you may want to invest in for peace of mind.
- Mortgages and lending. A home loan is often the biggest financial commitment that any Kiwi makes in their life – better make sure it’s the best one for you, right? We can help you better understand your mortgage and other loans and how they fit into your overall financial life plan.
And for those areas where another expert may be able to help more, we can set you up with the right people – brokers for loans, accountants for taxes, and so on. Think of us as your guide to reaching your life goals. We can help you fund university for yourself or for your kids, build up a new business, or simply preserve the wealth you’ve already worked hard for.
How To Choose The Right Financial Planner
Money can be a very personal thing, and nobody likes to think that they don’t know how to handle their own finances. Going to see a financial planner can feel like it’s only for the already-wealthy, but here’s the reality: beginning to work with a financial adviser, as early as possible in your financial journey, is the best thing you could ever do financially for you and your family – because you’ve taken the first step towards true financial independence. Choosing the right financial planner is the next step on that journey.
The right financial planner for you should be:
- Licensed. Money is a big deal, and there are lots of rules and regulations around who can provide advice on what. A licensed financial planner or adviser (like us!) is guaranteed to have the right training to give you the advice you need.
- Reputable. The right financial planner is the one with real, proven results. Check out our past successes with our previous clients’ testimonials.
- Expert. Every financial planner is an expert in a different area – make sure the one you choose has the knowledge and certification in those parts of your financial plan you’re most concerned about. At MyFuture, we have experts in our team and our wider network to help you cover every aspect of your future financial journey.
- Friendly. A financial planner that’s right for you should be worthy of your trust, and a big part of that is making sure that you and your planner ‘click’ on a personal level. The MyFuture team prides itself on our commitment to openness and friendliness, so you’re always comfortable discussing any part of your financial life and lifestyle with us.
- Available. Reaching your goals through a financial plan can be stressful, and it pays to have a planner who can make time for you to talk you through the plan and remind you how much better your life will be after sticking to it. The team at MyFuture is always here to give you a boost when you need it.
Our Financial Planning Services
The team at MyFuture are all fully qualified and licensed Financial Advice Providers (FAP’s) who are regulated by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice and investment planning services.
Moreover, our team is also qualified in real estate transactions and we have mortgage broking certificates, to ensure that we can provide a full range of advice and services for what may be the biggest financial decision of your life – your home and future investment properties.
No matter where you may be in New Zealand, we’re ready to help you put together a financial plan for a happy future. Contact us today for a FREE no obligation Discovery Session.